The Insurance sector is one of the fastest growing sectors in the country and has been increasingly generating significant employment opportunities with every passing year. The most prominent insurance companies aiding to this systematic growth in India include,
1. LIC- Life Insurance Corporation of India
2. NIACL- New India Assurance Company Limited
3. NICL- National Insurance Company Limited
4. OICL- Oriental Insurance Company Limited
5. IRDA- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
In India Insurance exams are conducted to fill various posts in the insurance sector
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) is responsible for regulating and standardizing the industry at the same time maintaining growth.
Insurance companies are divided into two segments:
1. Life Insurance Companies and
2. Non-Life Insurance Companies
While life insurance is broken down into permanent and term life policies, non-life insurance includes many other types of policies and may cover people, property or legal liabilities.
Below is a list of important insurance exams to watch out for this examination season,